Al Sharq Strategic Research is accepting applications for associate (non-resident) fellow positions. The associate fellows are expected to contribute to the knowledge production through their publications or involvement in policy dialogues and to take part in developing our research community. The fellowship program is paid – the amount will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience. The duration of the fellowship is one year.
1. Having a master’s degree in a relevant social science discipline (political science, international relations, Middle Eastern politics, sociology, history etc.) with a considerable experience of publications in this field.
2. Proficiency in English (written and spoken) is required. In addition, the knowledge of one of the regional languages (Arabic, Turkish, Persian, and Kurdish) will be a highly regarded asset.
3. The priority will be given to the researchers resident in the MENA region.
3. Commitment to Al Sharq Forum values and principles.
The current research agenda of Al Sharq Strategic Research focuses on the following themes:
– MENA regional security
– Regionalism and regional order in the MENA region.
– Democratization and governance.
– Social movements and contentious politics.
– Political economy, energy politics and climate.
– State fragility and armed non-state actors.
– Refugees, migrations and integration
Specialists on the following countries have the priority: Yemen, Libya, Iraq and GCC.
How to apply:
Applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
– Cover letter, highlighting the candidate’s speciality and the intended research themes to be followed.
Only the shortlisted applications will be contacted for interviews