On the tenth anniversary of the Arab Uprisings, Al Sharq Strategic Research invites book reviews around the Uprisings and their aftermath. If you would like to contribute, kindly choose one of the books enlisted in below and send your choice along with your CV (and a writing sample if required) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Application Deadline is December 27, 2020.
We ask that the review be completed within 30 days of receipt of a confirmation email.
Following evaluation, you will receive a feedback after which the final draft should be submitted within a week. Your review will be published on Al Sharq Forum website.
Researchers in the social sciences, especially those who are experts on the Middle East politics, are eligible to write the reviews. In addition, junior researchers, graduate students, and final year undergrad students are also welcomed to participate. However, they are kindly requested to send a writing sample with their CVs.
Book Review Format
- Total word count is between 800 – 1000.
- The recommended structure is to divide the review into two parts: the first part is a summary of the book which should not exceed one third of the word counts. The second part that will include your analysis and critical insights.
- The first part should include bibliographic reference to the book (Title: Subtitle. Place of Publication: Publisher, Date of Publication) as well as some information on the author’s background.
- The review should situate the book within the literature of the relevant field, and insights and analysis should avoid normative and subjective judgments.
- Please submit the review as a MS Word file.
- Please name your file “Book Author by Reviewer” (e.g., Goldziher by Hodgson).